The Goody Foody Garden process
1. A Goody Foody Gardens expert gardener installs and plants your vegetable patch at a time convenient for you. Each comes with easy instructions.
2. Our expert will teach you and your family how to grow veg and look after your bed. You can book mainteance and top ups with four visits a year.
3. You and your family get to enjoy growing and eating your own veg. You can ask the expert questions anytime on WhatsApp!
Selecting the best spot for your Goody Foody Garden
Select the spot with the most sun, away from overhanging branches, and on as flat a surface as possible.
Children will likely play in the garden, so use common sense and avoid goals, swings etc and busy footfall areas.
The vegetable raised beds are lined allowing them to be placed on any surface including stones, slabs, driveways and lawn. Bear in mind lawn will be affected by having the vegetable raised bed placed on it, so check the family are ok with this. Do not place it on decking as it will eventually rot the wood.
The veggie beds can be placed anywhere around the property so the best spot could be in the front garden or to the side of this house; what is important is to get the maximum amount of sunshine.
A Goody Foody Garden measures 1.8m x 0.9m x 0.3m, so you will need at least 2.5m x 1.5 to move around the perimeter of the veggie bed on at least two sides.
The Goody Foody Garden is sectioned into 12 squares when installed. One square is for the herbs (we call it the herb corner) and the remaining 11 for vegetables.
You can choose up to 3 herbs and 11 vegetables for your herb corner. You do not have to pick all different varieties; you could choose 2 or more of a particular favourite if you really love it!
Choosing a different vegetable per square will result in a small yield of lots of different veg. For a bigger yield of a favourite, simply increase the number of squares for that variety. The combination of items is up to you. So long as the final total does not exceed 11, you can choose whatever you want.
Here are estimated yields for our 2021 range. Bear in mind plants are natural and therefore not 100% predictable.
- Herbs - max 3 plants per square
- Lettuce and Chard - 3 plants per square. We use 'cut and come again' varieties which keep growing back when picked.
- Rocket - Approx. 4 plants per square
- Mustard Greens - Approx. 6 plants per square
- Kale - 1 to 2 plants per square
- Sprouts - 1 per square
- Purple Sprouting Broccoli - 1 per square
- Celery - 2 per square
- Leeks - 6 per square
- Spinach - 4 plants per square
- Radish - 8-10 bulbs per square
- Beetroot - 6-8 bulbs per square
- Carrots - 15-20 per square
- Spring onions - 16-20 per square
- Red and white onions - 6-8 per square
- Garlic 6-8 per square
- Peas - 3 plants per square
- Beans - 3 plants per square
We will deliver your Goody Foody Garden and other items from the roadside directly onto a driveway or private, accessible garden.
Our Gardeners will manually lift the goods, so we hope you will understand that goods cannot be lifted up or down flights of stairs, or over any walls, fences, hedges etc.
Deliveries are made using large vehicles so please inform us by email if there may be an access problem at least 48 hours before the day prior to delivery.
Book your installation or maintenance package online. You will be contacted via email to arrange a suitable date and time and We start installations and maintenance visits after the frosts have passed in Spring. You can pre-book prior to this but the appointments will not start until then.
Installations take approx. 1 hour and maintenance visits are approximately 20 - 30 minutes.
We are a certified Covid-19 business and will take all precautions to keep you and our gardeners safe. All deliveries will be left outside your property and vegetable beds will be built at a safe distance between you and the gardener.
You will be provided with lots of ways to get support including growing instructions for each plant using the QR code on the plant marker, tips via email, or ask the gardener any question on our What’s App group.
Once the installation is complete, you can choose to book maintenance visits. The gardener will visit four times in a 12 month period. You will be contacted prior to your next visits and asked to choose the herbs and veg you want. the gardener will bring those plus any accessories you need such as canes and crop protection. This is only £12.50 per month x 12 installments.
You cannot reschedule or cancel the appointments within 24 hours. If you do need to cancel or reschedule, please contact us as soon as possible to allow our Gardeners to manage their appointments and ensure the live plants are not in transit.